Friday, April 29, 2016

Row signs

This year I decided I needed to mark each row so that I didn't forget what I planted.  I looked on Pinterest for some inspiration and when I didn't find anything I liked, I decided to make my own.  So this year I busted out my Cricut machine and cut some vinyl.  I used the permanent vinyl so hopefully it will last a few years.  
I put the vinyl on a thin strip of wood.  I then attached them to just the regular wood stakes that you can get in bundles at Home Depot.  
After hammering in the nail I quickly realized I needed to pre-drill before hammering the nails. 
You need at least 2 nails for security so it doesn't flip down. 
Then I just used jute string to lash them together (mainly to cover up the nails.) 
Here's how I finished them off 
All finished 
Here they are in the garden. 
I think they turned out fantastic!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment